So, my last post got a lil’ real. I’m clearly more than open to self-disclosure to my friends-slash-new-HalfMarathons.Net blog readers as well as all of you perfect strangers in the form of regular HalfMarathons.Net visitors alike, but I thought I should end my blogging for the week on a more positive note.
What better day to show some appreciation for one of my two true loves – running – than on the one day of the year solely dedicated to love?
So, for your reading pleasure, and to inevitably evoke my own giddy grinning, here are a few reasons – in no particular order – that I love running oh so much. Ah-hem! Drum roll, please. . .
- No matter how much I might not want to run, I am ALWAYS happy I did run once I’m finished.
- Hunk-a-licious running buddies like these three fine young gents:
- Warning: Eeeewwww alert! Wiping salt from my eyebrows and forehead after a particularly hard run and lying my running attire out to dry before throwing them in my laundry bag. You may say, “Gross!” but I say they are merely evidence of awesomeness!
- The simplistic beauty and comforting feeling of home that only a gorgeous day in Cheeseman Park (in Denver – the second of my true loves) can offer:
- Two letters that carry with them a subtle moment of self-satisfaction and sense of accomplishment that nothing else can replace: PR.
- Thinking about how I will alter my training for the exact race for which I crossed the finish line just seconds ago to ensure a PR next year.
- The view from the top of a tough trail run – ALWAYS worth the hurt it cost to get there:
- The promise of reliving all of these blissful things and oh so many more thanks to one fact and one fact alone: I am a runner.
And, on that note, I close my eyes, take a deep breath in and dreamily sigh it out, and know that I am truly, madly, deeply, undeniably head over heels in love.