A roundup of the week’s news and notes on running, half marathons and the amazingly fast race signups taking place all around:
- Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon filling up quickly. If you want to register for the Sept. 16 race, don’t dilly-dally — it’s 75% full already.
- Boston Marathon’s B.A.A. Half Marathon fills up in just over an hour. In what has to be a new record, more than 7,000 race spots and they were all gone in an hour and 16 minutes.
- Mulling the Dallas Marathon or Half Marathon? Price hike looms. Formerly known as the White Rock Marathon, this Dec. 9 race will soon go up on registration fees.
- Negative comments don’t deter Edmonds Half Marathon organizer. This Dean Reinke-organized race is set for Sept. 16. Read and judge for yourself (and “caveat emptor“).
- Runner’s eye view: The Scream Half Marathon. Great set of photos from one runner who tackled the trails of western North Carolina at last weekend’s Scream Half Marathon near Mortimer, N.C.